So I started with a non-zamac framed Atlas 0-8-0. If you don’t know what zamac is … it was an alloy early n scale steam locomotives were made out of. If mixed improperly it was very very brittle and eventually just crumbled under the stresses of the locomotives. If you have a zamac frame locomotive and you want to keep the locomotive then you need to redo the frame or buy a retro frame from N Scale of Nevada.
My frame modifications for the new motor. I used sculpey for the back of the frame. It ended up being a perfect fit since I just pressed the motor into the sculpey. Then I baked the whole frame sculpey and all. It ended up working really well. The frame and the sculpey kind of fuse. It worked so great I need to try some more experiments.